Monday, June 2, 2014

Masterpiece Academy/Open source learning

My Experience In Open Source Learning
 
            Open source learning has changed me. I went from 3 years of basic boring english which i failed each and i think every singe one, to a class that i certainly enjoy being in and most probably will pass. I had a passion for this class, but sadly that only started toward the end of the year and i wish i had realized the true benefit of this class sooner because it has helped me in many things i deal with now and may deal with in the future. I have grown from taking this course, i now truley have experienced a way of learning that works for me that i hope to use in the future. This class was the best class i have had in all of my schooling the past 4 years of my high school career, the fact that i feel so comfortable around all my classmates and they may feel the same around me means a great deal when you have to be in a class with then 50 miutes a day for about a year, and when you have a teacher as great as Dr. Preston is, with his vast knowledge, passion for teaching, great resouces and over all with kindness for wanting to help each and every one of us to progress in our futures, i cant think of another person that has put out so much in helping others succeed in their lives through teaching in a classroom, hats off to you for being an amazing individual that cares so much about others.
 
          This course has improved my reading, writing and thinking skills. now when i read things, i not only can connect all the information, but i can think and feel what the writer may have been thinking when they were writing the piece. And i now can transfer that infortation into a responce and explanation of my understanding to what was written.
 
           Given a high level of trust and choice in this course, i greatly apreciate that, not only did i use it, but i benefitted from it. I myself did not deserve it at first, because i was still in the old english class mood not caring about anything that had to be said. But at the end i do believe I deserve it because i took part in what was taking place in the course. As for others, i think if they had a passion for participating in the great oppertunity that was given to us i do believe they deserve it. I also did earn it in my belief, because i showed that i understood the meaning of the course. as for others, its up to them to decide if they earned it, because generously it is offered to all. I myself do now honor this way of learning, it has changed the way i look at learning as for i think it has for many others, so i think that all may not honor it, but most all should.
 
           What i did with this course is i conected it with my passion for water polo, i thought if we were alowed to choose what we work on in that class why not. That really helped me with actualy doing the work. I will continue learning about my passion through my future years playing in college, and also i might be making a new blog to follow other water polo players and post things that i learn to help out others.
 
           This class always made me laugh, it may not always be out loud, but i find it hilarious when you cuss, that may be a little immature, but when you have a teacher do that i find it pretty cool and funny. Also when you are aguing with someone its hilarious that the other person thinks that they can win, cause i know you could outsmart them and use words to your advantage since you have a huge vocabulary. those may not be nice things to laugh about, but thats juse something that came to mind. my big thing that makes me laugh is Johna and Alicia, they can be pretty funny at times when they're not being sarcastic to me.
 
            5 presentations that i find fit together well, if not go with all presintations were by Alex-Senioritus and how it effects your fashion. Rachel-Singing. Judith/Amparo-Compation. Austin-Stand up comedy. Alicia-People and their feelings. I believe all these fit together because you have to be passionate for them, like i wouldnt sing if i didnt like it, I wouldnt stand up in front of people and make a joke of everything i do, and for people, i dont like having to deal with people some times because it can get annoying, for compassion, you have to be a super great person in wanting to help others, and last im not that big into fashion. but with all of these, they may look different, but they all mean something to someone, like i could add water polo in there and it would fit because i am passionate for it. An example of this is like when Judith somewhere to aply to help people out for free, i couldnt just do that to random people and that shows that she really cares about what she is doing.
 
          In my opinion i am not a hero. I may be in the eyes of others, but i dont see myself as being that important in helping others. I took a long while to respod to the call of adventure, but once i did i was impressed in what you can do when you want to do something for yourself that will help you pass the class and help you in the future. My mentors have always been my coaches, and i conquered a challenge, it was for passing the class.
 
          
 


No comments:

Post a Comment